1. Ragamuffin Counseling Services, 12157 W Cedar Dr., Suite 200 (in the Sondermind offices), Lakewood, Colorado 80228 1-310-564-1674, Ragamuffin1958@outlook.com
2. Master of Theology, Dallas Theological Seminary; Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, Colorado Christian University; Licensed Professional Counselor #1799 from the state of Colorado.
3. The practice of licensed or registered persons in the field of psychotherapy is regulated by the Mental Health Licensing Section of the Division of Registrations. The Board of Examiners can be reached at 1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, Colorado 80202, 303 894 7800. As to the regulatory requirements applicable to Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), LPC’s must hold a masters degree in their profession
and have two years of post-masters supervision.
4. You are entitled to receive information from your therapist about the methods of therapy, the techniques used, the duration of your therapy, if known and the fee structure (covered in the consent to treat). You are encouraged to read the philosophy of counseling in this website and ask any question you desire prior to scheduling an appointment and during the course of therapy.
5. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the Department of Regulatory Agency mentioned above for LPC’s.
6. Generally speaking, the information provided by and to the client during therapy sessions is legally confidential and cannot be released without the client’s consent. There are exceptions to this confidentiality, some of which are listed in section 12-43-218 of the Colorado Revised Statutes as well as other exceptions in Colorado and Federal law. Some issues of confidentiality will be mentioned in the “Consent to Treat” but if legal exceptions arise during therapy (Judge’s orders, duty to warn, threats to others, suicide or child abuse allegations), if feasible, you will be informed accordingly.
By booking and paying for an appointment through this website, you state that you have read the MANDATORY DISCLOSURE and you understand your rights as a client or as the client’s responsible party.